News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
FT.com - Financial Markets News
- Markets unimpressed by Trump tax plans
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:06:24 GMT
US stocks go into reverse and dollar pares gains, bolstering gold
- Heavy demand for Netflix?s debut European bond sale
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:55:47 GMT
Investors put aside concerns over group?s substantial cash burn in ?1.3bn sale
- Oil rises as US crude stocks retreat for third week
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:13:49 GMT
Longest streak of inventory declines since December but analysts cautious on Opec cuts
- Turkey?s monetary tightening supports lira
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:22:49 GMT
Raising of late liquidity lending rate seen as ?hawkish surprise? by some analysts
- Russian spy ship sinks off Turkey after collision with freighter
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:34:16 GMT
All 78 personnel aboard the Black Sea Fleet ship were rescued, the Turkish coastal authority says.
- Leo Baxendale: Bash Street Kids and Minnie the Minx comic legend dies
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:32:47 GMT
Leo Baxendale also created classic characters like Minnie the Minx and The Three Bears.
- Brexit: Chancellor Merkel warns UK on scope of talks with EU
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:08:58 GMT
Angela Merkel says the future UK-EU relationship can only be discussed once exit issues are resolved.
- Mike Samwell car theft death: Two more arrests
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:04:03 GMT
Mike Samwell was fatally injured as he tried to prevent thieves from stealing his car outside his home.
BBC Business News
- Nintendo says Switch will help double profits
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:33:24 GMT
The Switch has become the fastest-selling games console in the Japanese company's history.
- European Central Bank keeps key interest rate on hold
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:21:29 GMT
The European Central Bank keeps its main interest rate unchanged at zero for another month.
- Pound hits seven-month dollar high
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:29:14 GMT
The pound pushes above the $1.29 mark but the FTSE 100 share index falls.
- Taylor Wimpey apologises in leasehold dispute
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:45:30 GMT
Taylor Wimpey sets aside £130m to deal with leasehold contracts described as the "PPI of house building".