News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
FT.com - Financial Markets News
- Dollar softens as markets digest Fed minutes
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:05:46 GMT
SP 500 and Nasdaq edge back from record highs
- Clues awaited on ?reverse Yankee? comeback
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:04:42 GMT
Investors and borrowers will watch Trump speech for signal on US bond sales in euros
- Goldman warns Fed on commodity trading rules fallout
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:34:20 GMT
Bank says call for steep charge against holdings of bulk materials could lead to exit
- French small-cap investors keep their cool
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:26:28 GMT
Political risk played down after Brexit vote and Italian referendum outcomes
- Italian village torn apart by slow-moving landslide
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:47:23 GMT
A village in Italy is being torn apart by a landslide, 'like an earthquake'.
- Terminally ill Bradley Lowery 'has new tumour'
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:26:24 GMT
The five-year-old's family say scans show a tumour at the base of the youngster's back.
- Six Nations 2017: England leave out Jonathan Joseph for Italy game
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:00:03 GMT
England centre Jonathan Joseph will not face Italy in Sunday's Six Nations match after being left out of the 24-man training squad.
- Saint-Etienne 0-1 Manchester United (agg 0-4)
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:55:44 GMT
Manchester United reach the Europa League last 16 despite seeing Eric Bailly sent off and Henrikh Mkhitaryan sustain an injury.
BBC Business News
- Sajid Javid: Budget help for firms hit by rates rise
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:42:17 GMT
The government says it will make system "fairer" for businesses facing the steepest increases.
- Unilever review bolsters FTSE 100
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:45:45 GMT
Unilever is top gainer on the London market after announcing a far-reaching review.
- Owners told not to use dangerous tumble dryers after all
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:02:19 GMT
Owners of potentially lethal tumble dryers are given revised guidance by manufacturer Whirlpool.
- Self-driving cars must be covered by insurance, says UK bill
Wed, 22 Feb 2017 16:26:42 GMT
The UK proposes that insurance companies have to cover all accidents involving self-driving cars.