News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
FT.com - Financial Markets News
- Asia bourses slip after Wall Street dip
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 05:05:03 GMT
Brent crude falls despite better China manufacturing data
- RBS boosted by broker upgrade
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:58:28 GMT
Part-nationalised bank?s turnround plan ?gathers pace?
- Tycoon who tried to corner silver dies
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:16:11 GMT
Texan oil man went from boom to bust after venture into precious metal
- Oil price slide hits commodity currencies
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:15:01 GMT
Forex investors adjust to prospect of slower global growth
- Canada 'not intimidated' by attacks
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 04:37:33 GMT
Canada "will never be intimidated", PM Stephen Harper says after two deadly attacks - including one that ends in a shootout inside parliament.
- VIDEO: Is Asian philanthropy on the rise?
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 04:37:13 GMT
As the ranks of Asia's wealthy have swelled, philanthropic giving has increased. Rico Hizon speaks to Christina Tung from UBS about the future of giving in Asia.
- NHS 'revamp' and Canada attacks - the papers
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 04:26:20 GMT
Many of Thursday's papers analyse plans to overhaul the NHS in England, and the money it will cost, as well as reporting the gun attacks in the Canadian capital.
- Disabled students: Fran goes to university
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:08:02 GMT
Getting to university after spinal surgery
BBC Business News
- Asian shares down following US lead
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 02:33:32 GMT
Shares in Asia on Wednesday slide into negative territory, following Wall Street's lead after fatal shooting in Canada worries investors.
- Lloyds expected to cut 9,000 jobs
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:04:03 GMT
Lloyds Banking Group is planning to cut around 9,000 jobs - around a tenth of its entire workforce - over the next three years, the BBC understands.
- Tesco's next move: Expert views
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:12:28 GMT
How can the supermarket turn its fortunes around?
- The Brazilian walk-in siesta centres
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:09:10 GMT
Renting your own room for a power nap