News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
FT.com - Financial Markets News
- Deutsche Bank concerns weigh on US market
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:42:23 GMT
Stocks fall and demand for Treasuries rises on report some hedge fund clients are limiting exposure
- Deutsche Bank slide unsettles Wall Street
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:03:47 GMT
Yen, Treasuries and gold rally off lows
- Short-sellers boost pressure on Deutsche
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 17:24:34 GMT
Credit default swaps also reacting sharply to trials of German bank
- Opec agreement faces array of hurdles
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 17:07:34 GMT
Reports of the cartel?s demise were exaggerated ? but who will cut output, and when?
- Ben Emmerson QC resigns as child abuse inquiry lawyer
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:57:17 GMT
The most senior lawyer working for the independent inquiry into historical child sexual abuse in England and Wales, Ben Emmerson QC, resigns.
- Hoboken train station crash: One dead and dozens hurt in New Jersey
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:30:54 GMT
A woman is killed and dozens of other people are injured, some of them critically, as a commuter train crashes at a railway station in New Jersey.
- Manchester United 1-0 Zorya Luhansk
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:29:19 GMT
Manchester United climb off the bottom of their Europa League group thanks to Zlatan Ibrahimovic's second-half winner against Zorya Luhansk.
- Super League: Warrington Wolves 18-10 St Helens
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:23:27 GMT
Warrington Wolves come from behind to beat St Helens and secure their place in Super League's Grand Final.
BBC Business News
- John Lewis boss chosen as Conservative mayor candidate
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:41:18 GMT
John Lewis boss Andy Street, who calls himself a "proud Brummie", is chosen as the Conservative candidate to run for West Midlands mayor.
- US stocks dragged by Deutsche Bank fall
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:47:10 GMT
US stocks head lower after Deutsche Bank shares tumble in New York following a report that some funds have withdrawn cash from its investment bank.
- Reality Check: Does the UK sell boomerangs to Australia?
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:18:09 GMT
Has the UK really sold tea to China, wine to France and boomerangs to Australia?
- Liam Fox predicts free EU trade post-Brexit
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:17:39 GMT
International Trade Secretary Liam Fox says he wants the UK's trade with the European Union to be "at least as free" after Brexit.