News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
FT.com - Financial Markets News
- Markets volatile in wake of Yellen speech
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:02:38 GMT
Dollar rallies and US stocks turn lower
- The pensions crisis script can be changed
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 18:13:25 GMT
Overhauling the design of pension plans and saving more are critical to healthy retirements
- Oil on the backfoot as confusion swirls
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 17:26:49 GMT
Although Iran agrees to attend meeting next month, it insists its production cannot be capped
- India?s ?mini bang? to boost corporate bonds
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:32:08 GMT
Reforms will allow banks to issue offshore rupee-denominated masala bonds
- Diamond League: Laura Muir breaks British 1500m record in Paris
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 20:51:58 GMT
Laura Muir breaks her own British 1500m record by more than two seconds to win at the Diamond League meeting in Paris.
- M20 motorway shut after lorry crash causes bridge collapse
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 20:00:59 GMT
A footbridge collapses on the M20 motorway in Kent after it was hit by a lorry carrying a digger, on one of the busiest travel days of the year.
- Canadians switched at birth in second case at hospital
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:54:54 GMT
Two men in a remote indigenous community in Canada find out they were switched at birth in a government-run hospital 41 years ago.
- Rashford scores injury-time Man Utd winner
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:06:59 GMT
Substitute Marcus Rashford scores an injury-time winner as Manchester United finally overhaul Hull at the KCOM Stadium.
BBC Business News
- Building a community restaurant in Botswana
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:52:21 GMT
Despite the often frustrating employment situation for young Botswanans, one young entrepreneur is ploughing ahead while remaining thoroughly rooted in his community.
- Pawn addiction
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:52:03 GMT
As designer handbags receive record prices at auction, women are increasingly taking them to pawn shops to borrow money against them.
- US to invest $2.5bn in high-speed rail expansion
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:36:37 GMT
US vice president Joe Biden announces plans to lend railway operator Amtrak $2.45bn (£1.86bn) to expand services and make upgrades.
- Ben & Jerry's recalls Cookie Dough ice cream batches
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 19:50:52 GMT
Ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's recalls tubs of one of its best-selling products over concern they may contain small pieces of metal.